The Information Liberator shares some of her answers to my questions about her library school experience, with a well-warranted librarianship disclaimer at the beginning.
The “be careful about the debt thing” always bears repeating. Especially if you’re in it for the opportunity to serve, going into the field with tens of thousands in debt is really going to restrict the kind of position you can take, same as in law (pro bono work) or (missionary) medicine. If you really have to shell out for your education, you may be as limited finding a suitable job, albeit in different ways, as someone who doesn’t have a degree at all. Just something to keep in mind.
13 Notes/ Hide
- peroxidebubbles likes this
- tashkil13 likes this
- thebookdoctor likes this
- cobaltlove likes this
- learnforlife likes this
- academiagirl likes this
- btmullis reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian
- thecardiganlibrarian reblogged this from lecieltumultueux and added:
- thecommonlibrarian likes this
- librarean likes this
- missmosnarylime likes this
- lecieltumultueux posted this