For a lot of people, if they can’t get it cheap or free, they just won’t get it. For some people, it’s that they don’t have any money. The Discount Diva profiles the thinking of the cheap middle class, those who have some money, but don’t want to part with what they have. Just watch people haggle over library fines to see how cheap they are.
Libraries are helping both of them, and providing them with free stuff, but it’s free stuff that wouldn’t have been bought.
That’s why publishers have to understand before they lose their irrational fear of libraries. Libraries aren’t for pirates. They’re for the poor and the cheap, and there’s no more money to be made from either of them.
“Libraries aren’t for pirates. They’re for the poor and the cheap, and there’s no more money to be made from either of them.”
13 Notes/ Hide
- seltzerlizard likes this
- misskelleny reblogged this from therippedlibrarian
- runjuliet reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian
- historytellsastory likes this
- cobaltlove likes this
- far-to-fall likes this
- counterpunches likes this
- herlione-granger reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian
- classicvava likes this
- therippedlibrarian reblogged this from thecardiganlibrarian
- therippedlibrarian likes this
- 21stgoddamncentury likes this